Anna received her PhD in Inorganic chemistry at Saint-Petersburg State University. Her doctoral project was concerned with the activation of triple CN bond in small molecules via coordination to copper metal center and the development of new catalytical approaches to the synthesis of 2,3-dihydro-1,2,4-oxadiazoles - unexplored class of biologically active heterocycles. In parallel, she obtained a master’s degree in the biology of aging at the Sorbonne University and worked on the design of peptide inhibitors of protein-protein interactions aiming to activate cells responce to oxidative and electrophilic stresses. Anna joined the Fruk group in 2021 and was engaged in the development of new and efficient photocatalysts and light-activated antibacterial agents based on flavin compounds. In her free time she plays piano and attends ballroom dancing classes.
1. M. A. Kinzhalov, D. M. Ivanov, A. A. Melekhova, N. A. Bokach, R. M. Gomila, A. Frontera, V. Yu. Kukushkin, Chameleonic metal-bound isocyanides: a π-donating Cu I-center imparts nucleophilicity to the isocyanide carbon toward halogen bonding, Inorg. Chem. Front., 2022, 9, 1655–1665
2. A. A. Melekhova, A. S. Novikov, A. Yu. Dubovtsev, A. A. Zolotarev, N. A. Bokach, Tris(3,5-dimethylpyrazolyl)methane copper(I) complexes featuring one disubstituted cyanamide ligand, Inorg. Chim. Acta, 2019, V. 484, p. 69–74.
3. M. Bulatova, A. A. Melekhova, A. S. Novikov, D. M. Ivanov, N. A. Bokach, Redox reactive (RNC)CuII species stabilized in the solid state via halogen bond with I2, Zeitschrift fur Kristallographie - Crystalline Materials, 2018, V. 233(6).
4. A. A. Melekhova, A. S. Novikov, T. L. Panikorovskii, N. A. Bokach, V. Yu. Kukushkin , Novel family of homoleptic copper(I) complexes featuring disubstituted cyanamides: combined synthetic, structural, and theoretical study, New J. Chem., 2017, V. 41, p. 14557–14566.
5. A. A. Melekhova, N. V. Rostovskii, P. A. Sakharov, A. S. Novikov, T. L. Panikorovskii, N. A. Bokach, Open-chain hemiketal is stabilized by coordination to a copper (II), Inorg. Chem. Comm., 2017, V. 79, p. 82–85.
6. A. A. Melekhova, A. S. Smirnov, A. S. Novikov, T. L. Panikorovskii, N. A. Bokach, V. Yu. Kukushkin, Copper(I)-catalyzed 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of ketonitrones to dialkylcyanamides: A step toward sustainable generation of 23-dihydro-124-oxadiazoles, ACS Omega, 2017, V. 2, № 4 ,p. 1380–1391.
7. A. A. Melekhova, A.S. Novikov, N.A. Bokach, M.S. Avdonceva, V.Yu. Kukushkin, Characterization of Cu-ligand bonds in tris-pyrazolylmethane isocyanide copper(I) complexes based upon combined X-ray diffraction and theoretical study, Inorg. Chim. Acta., 2016, V. 450, p. 140–145.
8. A. A. Melekhova, A. S. Novikov, K. V. Luzyanin , N. A. Bokach , G. L. Starova, V. V. Gurzhiy, V. Yu. Kukushkin, Tris-isocyanide copper(I) complexes: Synthetic, structural, and theoretical study, Inorg. Chim. Acta, 2015, V. 434, p. 31–36.
9. A. A. Melekhova, D. V. Krupenya, V. V. Gurzhiy, A. S. Melnikov, P. Yu. Serdobintsev, S. I. Selivanov, S. P. Tunik, Synthesis, characterization, luminescence and non-linear optical properties of diimine platinum(II) complexes with arylacetylene ligands, J. Organomet. Chem., 2014, V. 763–764, p.1–5.
10. J. R. Shakirova, E. V. Grachova, A. A. Melekhova, D. V. Krupenya, V. V. Gurzhiy, A. J. Karttunen, I. O. Koshevoy, A. S. Melnikov, and S. P. Tunik, Luminescent Au(I)-Cu(I) triphosphine clusters that contain extended linear arylacetylenes, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2012, p. 4048–4056.
11. E. S. Smirnova, A. A. Melekhova, V. V. Gurzhiy, S. I. Selivanov, D. V. Krupenya,I. O. Koshevoy and S. P. Tunik, Synthesis, structure and photophysical properties of the di- and trinuclear phosphine-diimine complexes of Copper(I) , ZAAC, 2012, V. 638, № 2, p. 415–422.